Why Amy And DRobb Are The Best

Awhile back, I asked the older Terry Scholars to share some of the great things they have to say about Amy and DRobb, and now I'm sharing them with you. For the 2015 Terry Scholars, I hope this gives you an insight into exactly how awesome these two women are, and how lucky we are to have them to help us.

"For myself, Amy is so cool that she emailed all of us about grant money for summer classes.. All I sent was a simple reply letting her know about my study abroad and she was able to give me a $2000 grant for SHSU tuition. It was a huge blessing and I didn't even really ask for it. She has our back. Univ 1301 isn't a drag. D rob and amy are there to help facilitate what is the college experience and help us find ourselves. Doctor Robbins is one of the most highly upheld faculty at SHSU and whenever i mention that I was fortunate enough to have a class with her, individuals who know her at Sam literally tell me that I am in the presence of like a god. She is incredibly awesome and although amy is super busy with what she does in financial aid she's also there to make the journey and help us grow as well. I've only heard from other people because she is so down to earth, but she has done AMAZING research and has been a huge advocate for women's leadership".-Corey Ann

"For me, Amy and D Rob helped me rearrange my schedule and figure out my money the first semester of college when all of my money didn't go through and I was in tears" -Brianna


"For me, Amy and DRob are just truly amazing people. They both are sweet as can be and really do have our backs. I feel like if I need anything I can go to them. Plus, they both have a good sense of humor which is awesome" -Jacob

"Amy and D-Rob were so personable! They really took the time to care about us and to get to know each of us. I know we had a small group this year, but I know that Amy and D-Robb are the kind of people that would try to know everyone whether it's one person or 100 people!" -Naomi


"One thing I really appreciated about Amy and Dr. Robbins is how approachable they were! Knowing them made the transition into college into college a lot less intimidating. They were also so patient with me when I would call and ask a million questions about anything, not just the scholarship. It is very comforting to know that I could and still can turn to them for just about anything!" -Veronica


"For me, It gives me confidence knowing that Amy and Dr. Robbins are there standing behind us for encouragement and support when we started setting up the org. Its good to know that there's someone who believes in you and has your back." -Brackston


"From the first time I met both Amy and DRobb, I knew they were amazing. The first time I met DRobb was at Orientation when she came to personally meet me and my parents who were with me. She was just so sweet, and I knew my first year was going to be made so much easier just by having her to help me. When I first met Amy, I had questions about a different scholarship I was receiving, and I went in two days before classes started, and of course financial aid was PACKED. But once I got back to her office she took the time to just chat a bit, and she didn't rush me out. I am so thankful to have these amazing women in my life." -Kirsten

Comments

Popular Posts